Spring FFA

Lali Reyes

Spring FFA got underway with the community coming to place their bids on students at the People Auction as well as students attending Career Development Events (CDE’s). The People Auction was a great fundraiser with the FFA chapter raising over 7,000 dollars! A few of the students also made projects to auction off. Onward Wolsey made a very generous donation by donating the food and the money that was made from the meal donation. Now, some of you might not know how this this whole People Auction thing works. Well, once a bidder buys someone, they can have them for 8 hours of work. Most of the time, the students end up not working the full 8 hours or some don’t even work at all (as parents or family friends often purchase the students). Even though it takes a bit of effort from students, it is a very good fundraiser. Along with the people auction, the students were also busy with CDE’s. A few of these events include horse judging, livestock judging, and vet science. This year, in order for students to be able to go to State Convention, they have to attend at least three of these contests. So far, students have been busy studying in order to place at a contest. The criteria to be able to compete at the state level is each student has to place in the top 10 individually or a team has to place in the top 3. The spring season is setting up to be a success!