Senior Awards Night

Jaron Waters

Senior awards night is night where all the seniors and their parents come together to acknowledge the things that the seniors have accomplished. The night started out with a meal of lasagna, corn, and dinner rolls. The senior class would like to thank all of the staff members who helped make this meal. Then, Mr. Cutshaw gave a very inspirational speech where he gave us several great pieces of advice to use in years to come. After receiving a bunch of good advice, there will several scholarships that were awarded to several different seniors. The Build Dakota Scholarship was received by four different students at Wolsey-Wessington this year. These students were Chase Huff, Gavin Wilde, Cory Eggleston, and Dalton Songer. The Roseanne Spiehs Memorial scholarship was also awarded to those who have been involved in band for all four years of high school. The recipients of this award were Matthew Larsen, Taylor Sprecher, and James Cutshaw. Along with so many scholarships, there were also some awards that were given to some students. There were two senior athlete awards that were awarded to a boy and girl athlete who have been involved in three sports throughout high school, have excelled in the classroom, and have been an All-Conference athlete. These awards were given to Taylor Sprecher and Jaron Waters. Even though some students did not receive a scholarship or an award, everyone still got something. At the end of the night, Mrs. Boomsma-Kelsey gave every senior a plaque that included every activity that they were involved in during high school. She also said some very nice words about us that brought some to tears. At the end of the night every student went home with some very proud parents.