Mystery Advice

Chantel Haider, Writer

I’m a 15-year-old girl and a sophomore in high school. Last year I went to school across the country. While I was there, I became best friends with this girl, “Amelia.” We did everything together, and Amelia even flew back here to visit my family when school ended and I had to go home.

It has now been a few months since I’ve seen her, and so much has changed. She doesn’t make time to text or call me hardly ever, and when she does, it’s always a quick conversation. Because of the time difference and our schedules, I get that it’s difficult, but shouldn’t she make some time for her best friend?

Amelia and I were as close as sisters, and I can’t stand the thought of losing her. I have already called her out a few times, and we are good for a few days, but then she goes right back to pretending like I don’t exist. I’d rather not call her out again. Any thoughts?

Hello. With the information that you have given me, I can really tell that this is getting to your head and you really need help. My advice to you would be to move on and find a new friend. If the friendship was meant to be, you will both find your way back to each other but until then move on and find a new best friend. There is a good chance that she has already done the same for herself. Finding a new friend to spend time with and keep your head off the fact that she is not in your life as much anymore. It will be a good and over-all a healthy life choice for you. 

By: ?Anonymous?